It’s Cinnamon Bun Day in Sweden. Why do we celebrate? I don’t know. It’s so depressing heading toward winter so this is about all we have to look forward to this week. Maybe we need to eat a bunch of cinnamon buns to build up our warm layer of fat to get through the next warm months.
Sweden has a lot of food holidays. I thought I’d look up a few more. Here’s what I found just for the month of October, though I have to admit, these don’t seem to be as celebrated as today’s Cinnamon Bun Day. I’ve never seen advertisements at the bus stops for Shrimp Sandwich Day, but maybe I just didn’t notice.
- October 7 is Gräddtåtans dag (Cream cake day)
- October 14 is Shrimp Sandwich day. No thanks.
- October 15 is apparently Feta Cheese day
- October 18 is Chocolate Muffin day (Why isn’t this a bigger thing?!)
- October 25 is World Pasta Day. I can get on board with that.