As I mentioned before, my husband and I took a 4-day long anniversary trip to Italy this past weekend. With only 4 days, we wanted every minute to count, which turned out to be a problem when the Italians decided to strike at the Rome airport. Our plane was delayed 3 hours until they could confirm landing clearance, so we were given vouchers for food (that worked in every restaurant except the specific one we went to, of course), and boarded our plane later in the afternoon.
Once the plane finished boarding and the doors were closed, it needed to be de-iced. The de-icing truck began to do its job and then ran out of de-icing liquid. We had to wait 20 minutes for another de-icing truck.
Finally, the de-icing was complete and it was time for the plane to be pushed back from the gate. We slowly moved backwards and then stopped after just a few feet. The truck pushing the plane broke down and we had to wait 20 minutes for a replacement truck.
The flight went smoothly after all the delays and we landed at Rome’s Fiumicino airport … only to wait on the tarmac an additional 20 minutes because of a plane in front of us.
Have you ever been around a peacock for a long amount of time? They have the most horrifying scream. There’s no way a peacock could make someone calm.
Now, when it comes to meetings with people I don’t like, however, this would totally come in handy. I gotta get one of these.
So Delta airlines had pizza delivered to waiting passengers on a plane during the recent delays caused by their computer system. My thoughts:
- Can we please just do this every time instead of airline food? I will pay extra.
- Do the delivery guys get tips in airline tickets?
- And still, Pizza Hut won’t deliver to my neighborhood.
As an American/Swedish family, we make the big trip across the Atlantic once a year for vacation. It’s almost that time again, so I thought I’d share my tips for overseas flying.
1. European airlines have free alcoholic drinks.
2. There is no way to make a 1 hour layover at Charles de Gaulle in Paris. They only give you this as an option to sell more airport food when you get stranded. Don’t do it!
3. Don’t bring beef jerkey to gnaw on for your flight. You might get bumped to first class where you are too embarassed to eat it and then it’s all you think about while drinking your champange. (Yes, this happened to me. How did you guess?)
4. If you want to trade seats with someone, put your child in the seat next to them before you ask. Most people will move immediately.
5. Quit trying to sleep. You just can’t. Stay up and enjoy your “free” movies. If you doze for a few minutes – Bonus!
6. Save sick bags. They come in handy later when you need to wrap a birthday present.
I’m looking though Singapore Airlines webpage and trying to fill in a form. I have to say, all the airlines I’ve ever used only give a choice of “Mr., Mrs., Miss, Mstr.” Singapore Airlines has a drop-down menu of possibly 50 different titles including, “Duchess, Sultan, Queen, President, etc.” I have a feeling this airline may be out of my price range.